Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed Review
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed Range is Sleeping Duck’s flagship bed collection. This range includes a number of models (such as the Baker, and the Boyd) as well as different design options (such as headboards and legs).
This review relates specifically to the ‘Baker’ model with a bedhead, standard side panels, and classic oak (height adjustable legs). With that said, this review is most likely applicable to most other models and product options.
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed would certainly be very suitable for the popular Sleeping Duck Mattress.
Purchase and delivery
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed can be ordered online (through the Sleeping Duck website) and it will arrive at your door in 4 separate boxes.
As we alluded to earlier, there are many models to choose from in this range (of which some are shown below). There are also many options within each model making the product selection process a little tricky.
In terms of delivery, there are some limitations to the delivery services available for each range. See our ‘Delivery’ section further down for specific details on delivery.
It’s worth mentioning that the delivery system for this bed base includes an impressive text message service that offers a number of different delivery days and times. We were instructed to select a day and time range that suited us best.
It must be noted that this bed base (and its parts) are particularly heavy. We would recommend having at least two people on hand to assemble this product.
Possibly the most difficult part of the assembling process is the initial unpacking and putting together the first few pieces. After this, assembling the bed base is fairly straight forward.
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed is well designed and doesn’t require any tools (other than the two Allen keys provided). The instructions were detailed and thorough, but do require careful reading.
We would allow approximately 30 minutes to assemble this bed base, assuming that two people are available to assist.
To get a good sense of the assembling process, check out the video below:
Once assembled, the Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed presents well and has a definite presence. It combines a simple yet modern style, and looks solid and sturdy.
Stability and practicality
As the name suggests, the Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed may very well be ‘indestructible’, and is the strongest bed base that we have tested. It will accommodate the heaviest of people and the overall quality of this base is first class.
This base uses 4 ‘panel slats’ that create a flat, even surface that should suit any mattress. These panel slats are designed with varying sized holes to enhance ventilation.
The base also features two central support beams (known as the ‘C-Spine Support Beams’) to prevent sagging. The headboard feels stable and can be used for sitting or reading.
The finer details
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed is well backed with a lifetime warranty on the Indestruct Steel Core Support System, and a 10 year warranty on aesthetic finishes.
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed is available in 2 sizes (king and queen) so it should accommodate most adult sleeping arrangements.
Here are Australia’s standard bed (mattress) sizes in 2022.
The Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed is incredibly strong, well designed, and relatively easy to assemble. It has a modern, stylish appearance, and would be suited for those who are looking for a premium quality bed base, that will last a lifetime.
Bedbuyer’s rating: 4.8 / 5
If you have any questions about this product, leave a comment below or don’t hesitate to contact us!
Recommended Retail Prices
- Queen Bed : $2,099
- King Bed : $2,299
No trial period
We don’t include our SD Indestruct Bed as part of our guarantee range as it doesn’t require testing or adjusting. That being said, our SD Indestruct Bed also comes with a lifetime warranty on the Indestruct Steel Core Support System and a 10 year warranty on aesthetic finishes to keep you covered in the event of any manufacturing defects.
If you receive your SD Indestruct Bed and change your mind, you can return these products within 14 days of delivery provided they are unopened and all original packaging is intact.
Our SD Indestruct Bed comes with a lifetime warranty on the Indestruct Steel Core Support System components and a 10 year warranty on all exterior components (headboard / side panels).
This provides ample time to discover any issues that may be the result of production error. This should not be confused with the lifespan of a product.
Due to the size and weight of the SD Indestruct Bed components there are some limitations to where we can deliver and the delivery services available for each range.
Melbourne, Geelong / Surf Coast, Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle, Canberra, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth
Melbourne, Geelong / Surf Coast, Sydney
To find out more about where these services are offered, head to our delivery FAQs here.
Specifications – Sleeping Duck Indestruct Bed
Queen size Weight: 115 kg
Floor to top of mattress: 62cm
Floor to bottom of frame: 16cm
The Baker Bed
The elegance, soul and authenticity of natural timber. Each piece, a unique mosaic of signature grains.
Simple, elegant and unimposing in form, the Baker presents a charming timber canvas for your favourite linens.
Crafted from solid timber (high strength poplar plywood) with a veneer finish, its bevelled edges and rounded corners support its general feeling of warmth and calmness.
The Baker is available in the following veneers :
- European Ash – bright and blond, youthful and clean faced. Ash is a strong and durable species of smooth, straight grained hardwood.
- European Oak – medium golden brown tone, hard wearing and dependable. It has a coarse, open grain texture and a distinctive figured grain pattern common only to genuine Oak species.
- American Walnut – dark toned maturity and sophistication. Walnut is a durable, stable hardwood, featuring a straight grain and a rich chocolate colour.
Our Favourite Customisation : European Oak finish with Classic Oak legs.
Support where you need it the most.
Two extra-strong central beams are critical in providing any bed frame with uniform surface support – allowing the springs to function optimally from a solid foundation in order to prevent back damaging mattress sag. And so the SD Indestruct Bed is fitted with Dual ‘C-Spine Support Beams’ made from Q235 Steel, each of which is supported by a centrally placed M39 bolt leg.
In addition, the system is clad with Uniform Distribution Air Support Panels (UDASPs), which are fixed directly onto the frame with several countersunk screws, for a perfectly uniform distribution of load across the bed’s surface.
This system is the backbone of the bed, giving it unparalleled strength and the ability to withstand sagging for its entire lifetime.
Not just pretty. Introducing dual C-Spine support beams.
Most bed frames are built from decorative timbers, and these same non-structural timbers are used inside the frame too. Most also provide just one central beam in the middle of the bed – leading to mattress sag, body aches and poor spine health.
Not anymore. The Indestruct bed prioritises complete body support, and features dual steel Central Spine support beams for extreme support delivery directly where it’s needed most – beneath each sleeper.
Feels like the first night. Forever. Thanks to the solid steel frame inside.
Underneath the decorative finish, the Indestruct Steel Core Support System is a completely different beast, built from 50kg of structural grade solid steel, and engineered with industrial grade joinery for the ultimate support and durability. This frame could support several tonnes of weight and is built to resist sagging, no matter what you throw at it. Literally.
No more squeaky, broken parts. Solid steel adjustable legs.
Made from solid steel, these legs are the strongest you will find on any bed frame. Owing to the thick M39 Bolts that integrate them structurally into the steel frame, the legs provide incredibly robust support, and will not break or bend when applying pushing forces to the bed. The solid lock assembly also means they will not shake or squeak. Legs are finished in either plated metal (Nickel or Chromium) or in FSC certified timber (Oak or Walnut) casings.
Designed for easy assembly at home. Or let us do it for you.
It may be the most solid bed frame you’ve ever seen, but rest assured, it’s designed for easy assembly. Set it up quickly with a helping hand from a friend, or opt in for our Premium Plus Delivery service (available in selected areas) and we’ll do it for you.
Not a throwaway frame. Built from the best materials. And built to last.
Built from only the highest quality parts, several of the Indestruct frame’s parts are custom made for purpose. Every component has been selected to deliver the ultimate performance. This is a no compromise bed frame, built with true love, that will never let you down. It’s designed to feel as solid as it did on the first night, several years later.
Indestruct Steel Core Support System
Offering extreme support and durability, the Indestruct Steel Core Support System comprises the following components :
- 50kg, Q235 structural grade, solid steel chassis (featuring built in Dual C-Spine Support beams).
- Uniform Distribution Air Support Panels (UDASP) made from high strength 18mm birch plywood. UDASPs are designed to optimise mattress ventilation and to provide distributed support across the entire pocket spring system of your Sleeping Duck mattress.
- L-Spine Tri-Mount Bedhead Braces made from Q235 solid steel and featuring tri-lock mounts for ultra firm bedhead attachment (applicable for bed options that include a bedhead).
- M39 Bolt UltraSecure Leg Assembly that fastens via 39mm diameter bolts, and is guaranteed never to squeak.
The headboard is composed of a high strength poplar plywood structure with a European Ash veneer.
Each side panel is made of a solid European Ash timber core with a matching European Ash veneer.
The entire structure is supported by six legs made from Q235 solid steel and clad in European Oak timber. All legs are height adjustable (up to 5cm) to ensure perfect levelling.
The timber and veneer we use is of the highest quality and is certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) as having come only from renewable sources.
Care and Maintenance :
- Keep in mind that timber is an organic product whose colour will mature with age.
- All our timber is treated with a high quality sealant that prevents moisture build up.
- Surface dust can be gently removed with a clean damp cloth. Always wipe in the direction of the grain and not in a circular motion.
- Any spillages or liquids should be wiped off immediately with a damp cloth, and the timber should be allowed to air dry at room temperature.
- Do not use general household cleaning products, or abrasive items on the timber.
- Exposure to direct sunlight or extreme humidity should be avoided.
- Fabric should not be exposed to direct sunlight or direct heat as it can cause the colour to fade.
- Be careful of denim or dark clothing as this may transfer the dye and mark the upholstery.
- Minor stains or discolouration can be treated with a small amount of gentle household detergent and warm water. Gently dab it with a clean paper towel or cloth and allow it to dry. Always test on a small patch of fabric beforehand.
- Dust can be removed with a lint roller or a vacuum fitted with the upholstery tool head.
- Velvet can be gently brushed with an upholstery or a soft bristled clothes brush to renew the nap.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects.
- Use a soft polish cloth to help maintain lustre.
Sleeping Duck Finance Options