Orthokinetic Signature Monarch Review
The Orthokinetic Signature Monarch is one of the finest mattresses available in Australia. It comes with an impressive 25 year warranty, and includes a removable, plush topper.
Purchase and delivery
This mattress can be ordered online, and delivery is available Australia-wide (see delivery times in our ‘Delivery’ section below). It can also be purchased through any of Amart Furniture’s 69 stores across Australia.
The Orthokinetic Signature Monarch presents with oodles of style and class. It gives off a distinct luxurious vibe, and its finishings and brand embroidery demonstrate its high level of quality.
Comfort and support
As seen in the photo above, this mattress comes with a plush, removable topper. Underneath this topper lies the main comfort layer that includes a silk-blend cover, soy-based foam layers, and bamboo-infused latex.
The plush topper has a soft, spongy feel and offers plenty of pressure relief. Even though it is soft, it still absorbs body weight smoothly. This should suit most side sleepers, but may also suit back sleepers and stomach sleepers. Understandably though, this suitability will vary between individuals.
With the plush topper, we rated the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch as a ‘plush’ feel and a 3.5 / 10 on the firmness scale. Please note that our firmness ratings are just a guide and they do not necessarily relate to comfort. Furthermore, our firmness ratings are assigned based on Bedbuyer’s testing process and these may differ from firmness ratings given by individual companies.
With plush topper
Without the plush topper, we rated the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch as a ‘medium’ feel and a 5 / 10 on the firmness scale. This should suit all sleeping positions (side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers) but again, this may vary.
Without plush topper
The spring system used in the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch is a ‘7-zone micro pocket coil support system’. Whatever comfort option you choose on top, this spring unit feels robust and will accomodate people of all sizes. It offers excellent spinal support and should maintain a healthy spinal alignment in all sleeping positions.
The Orthokinetic Signature Monarch responds nicely to normal sleep movements and we rated its level of responsiveness as ‘optimal’. In basic terms, this means that changing sleep positions (and intimate activities) shouldn’t be any trouble.
Please note that our responsiveness scales are just a guide and preferred responsiveness levels will vary between individuals. It’s worth noting also that innerspring mattresses are generally more responsive than foam mattresses.
The finer details
In terms of build quality and craftsmanship, the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch is outstanding. Edge support is sound, partner disturbance is minimal, the plush topper attaches neatly to the mattress. Its 25-year warranty is the perfect example of Orthokinetic’s confidence in its product.
What bed base should I use?
As with most mattresses, we recommend the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch to be used with a solid bed frame (such as the Sleep Republic Pro Base), or a solid ensemble base (with the slats no longer than 8 cm apart).
A bed frame (with flexible slats) may still be adequate, but again, we strongly recommend that the distance between each slat is less than 8 cm. Use of an unsupportive mattress foundation will usually void the mattress warranty.
Furthermore, we do not recommend the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch to be used with an adjustable (electric) bed base as this will also void the warranty. Here is our full list of mattresses that are compatible with an adjustable bed base.
It’s worth noting here that mattress firmness, performance, and durability will vary with different bed bases.
The Orthokinetic Signature Monarch is available in 6 sizes (super king, king, queen, double, king single, and single) so it should suit almost all sleeping situations. Here are Australia’s standard bed (mattress) sizes in 2021.
The Orthokinetic Signature Monarch is a magnificent mattress that is made with the finest materials. It has a solid 25 year warranty and has the versatility of a removable, plush topper.
Bedbuyer’s rating: 4.7 / 5
Here are our ratings for each category:
Value for Money
Did you know? Bedbuyer recently announced Australia’s Top 10 Mattresses for 2021.
If you have any questions about this mattress, leave a comment below or please contact us!
In a nutshell 🥜
- Outstanding build quality
- Very comfortable
- Comes with a removable, plush topper
- 7 zone pocket spring system
- 25 year warranty
Recommended Retail Price
Queen Mattress: $8,299
We are happy to arrange your Orthokinetic Signature Monarch delivery to your nominated address on a day that is convenient for you. Delivery charges apply. We use independent contractors to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
Delivery costs depend on the item to be shipped. Rates start at $88 (including GST) for local delivery, and increase depending on distance from the store. Online Exclusive orders will have a separate delivery charge supplied at checkout.
Delivery options are subject to availability, your geographical location and the products ordered being in stock. Please contact your closest store to discuss what delivery options are available to you.
Specifications – Orthokinetic Signature Monarch
- Weight of mattress: 69.5 kgs (Queen Mattress)
- Mattress Height: 47 cm
- 7-zone micro pocket coil support system for balanced support across your entire body
- Silk-blend damask ticking
- Soy-based foam layers
- Dual hand tufted pillowtop for superior comfort
- Bamboo-infused latex for a cooler sleeping surface
- Featuring a seasonal flippable topper
- 25 Year Guarantee
1. The removable seasonable topper is inspired by European design which provides ultra-premium stretch knit fabric with Australian wool silk blend damask fabric for year-round comfort.
2. Hand tufting on the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch Ultra Plush mattresses will provide better conformant to your body for added comfort. The bamboo-infused latex and viscose elastic will ensure a cooler sleeping surface. The soy infused latex has also reduced the reliance on petroleum-based products by using a renewable resource of up to 40% – in turn reducing the carbon output of this product.
3. A 24cm high density foam edge cocoons the exclusive 7 zone air pocket micro coil core (exclusive to Amart Furniture), so you can sleep all the way up to the very edge of your mattress without the feeling of sagging or lateral movement.
Frankly, we love furniture. From beautiful accent chairs to gorgeous genuine leather lounges and solid hardwood tables, we can’t get enough of the pieces that make our home sing. But what we love even more than stylish, high quality furniture, is getting stylish, high quality furniture at an affordable price.
From humble beginnings in 1970, our mission has been to help Australians transform their houses into fabulous homes without breaking the bank. Whether you’re moving into your first flat or giving your home a bit of a refresh, we have just the piece you’re looking for, at a price that won’t make your eyes water. Promise.
We don’t want to brag (or do we?) but with over 60 locations nationwide, we’re one of Australia’s leading furniture, bedding and outdoor retailers. Shopping with us is easy, fuss-free and super convenient. Shop the Orthokinetic Signature Monarch today.
What makes us different (other than everything)?
- No deposit, interest-free finance*
- Lowest prices, guaranteed **
- More than 2,000 products available
- Friendly staff who know furniture inside and out
- Easy-to-use online shopping service
- Super convenient home delivery Locations all across Australia (and new ones opening all the time)
- Promotions and sales so good you’ll do a little furniture dance
- Tips and advice to make your home sparkle with style
So, come on in and get that “I got it at Amart” feeling.