Numu-roo Cot Mattress Review
The Numu-roo Cot Mattress is highly innovative and has exceptional breathability and ventilation. It is a definite contender in the Australian cot mattress market.
This baby mattress has a unique design that is clearly based around around healthy breathing. Its main structure consists of a sturdy aluminium frame with a strong mesh layer. This construction is noticeably different to most other cot mattresses on the market that are typically made from foam and springs.
This highly unique construction makes plenty of sense when you consider the importance of ventilation and breathability for babies and toddlers. Furthermore, its design helps to prevent overheating as well as preventing dust-mites. It has been approved by Sensitive Choice who assess products in terms of asthma and allergies. Many foam based cot mattresses are prone to overheating and accumulating dust-mites, so in terms of ‘infant health’, this cot mattress is very refreshing.
The main mesh layer can accomodate up to 25kgs of weight which offers plenty of support for babies. It has a nice level of responsiveness and should allow babies and toddlers to move easily during sleep. The mattress comes with a complimentary ‘comfort layer’ which is very breathable and will add a nice extra touch of comfort. With or without this comfort layer, we rated the firmness an 8.5 / 10 on the firmness scale – similar to that of most cot mattresses:
Keeping this mattress clean is very easy. The mesh can be cleaned with a soapy sponge and running water. This is very convenient for little ‘accidents’, especially during the night. The extra comfort layer can also be washed making this mattress even more practical and hygienic. The high level of hygiene with this mattress also allows for use between siblings, which is not always recommended with foam cot mattresses. This allows parents to use the same cot mattress for multiple children, strengthening its value for money proposition.
‘Elevation extensions’ can be purchased separately to add extra height to one end of the mattress which may help with reflux or respiratory issues. Another innovative and sensible option in terms of infant health.
Although this cot mattress does not have a typical design, its construction has been well thought out. It is extremely well ventilated, hygienic, and forms a strong contender in the cot mattress market. Here are our ratings for each category:
Value for Money
If you have any questions about this mattress or any other, please contact us!
In a nutshell ?
- Unique design ‘mesh layer’ design
- Comes with free comfort layer
- Well ventilated, easy to clean
Recommended Retail Price
Cot Mattress: $499
Certifications – Numu-roo Cot Mattress
Sensitive Choice mattress partner.
Meets the voluntary Australian safety standard [AS/NZS 8811.1:2013 Methods of testing infant products – Sleep surfaces—Test for firmness]
Specifications – Numu-roo Cot Mattress
Height: 7.0cm (without comfort layer), 7.5cm (with comfort layer)
Dimensions (length x width)
130cm x 69cm (standard size)
Can also be ordered in:
120cm x 60cm
132cm x 70cm
131cm x 75cm
140cm x 70cm
Numu-roo is a revolutionary baby mattress made of a single mesh layer.
It is safer, friendlier and contributes to abetter sleep for both bub and mum.
Our unique design eliminates dust mites and increases airflow, which prevents accumulation of CO2 and overheating.
Sensitive Choice, with their strict health standards, chose Numu as a partner mattress making it the best and safest mattress for your baby
Amongst the Numu great features:
- 100% air circulation – let your baby breath which ever way she turns during her sleep
- No CO2 buildup
- No nasty chemicals
- Prevents baby overheating
- No house dust mites build up (best mattress for Asthma)
- Reduces risk factors
- Friendlier for Asthma and Allergies (Sensitive Choice mattress partner)
- Super easy to clean and fast to dry – if this is your first child, believe us, this is a big one…
- When baby has incidents in bed, he wont be sleeping in his own liquids and emissions – prompting a cleaner safer sleep environment
- Better sleep – bub will sleep better and you will sleep better knowing bub is safer.
**Important note: we are unable to hold stock in Melbourne due to logistical challenges, therefore all orders will take around 4 weeks to arrive.**
Exact measurements per variant:
An option to bundle and save – bundle bassinet mattress with cot mattress and save.
- Up to 25 kg of weight on the mattress
- Mattress is intend to be used by one baby at a time
- Wash – as required, take the mattress (without the comfort layer) and clean under running water. air dry or wipe using dry cloth until fully dry.
- Wipe – as required, use a wet wipe or cloth to clean a specific area of the mesh/net surface (very useful during middle of the night incidents)
- General care – use a wet wipe or cloth to wipe mattress thoroughly every two weeks (or as required).
- Comfort Layer:
- Warm machine wash, do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry – air dries quickly
- Sheet (100% cotton):
- Cold machine wash (with like colours), do not bleach.
- Do not tumble dry, dry in shade
Cot Bed fit:
- Safety guidelines (for cots) require up to 2 centimetres between mattress and bed end at every side (from product safety Australia):
- 20 mm from any cot side or end when centred on the mattress base
- 40 mm when the mattress is pushed to one side or end.
- Recommended guidelines are to have a tighter fit of up to 1 cm from any cot side.
- Feel free to reach-out if you have any questions on specific cot bed fit
- Do not use with a mattress protector (its not required with a Numu)
- Recommended to be used with a breathable sheet
- Tested in accordance with and meets the voluntary standard: AS/NZS 8811.1:2013 Methods of testing infants products, Sleep Surfaces – test for firmness
- No nasty chemicals and no fire retardants were used in the mattress
Finding the perfect baby cot mattress for your child can be tricky, especially if you are a first-time parent. With so many different brands and options to choose from, we understand it can be hard to know which is the best type of mattress for baby cot for your little one. Take the guess work out of buying a baby cot mattress by browsing our range today.
Here at Numu-roo, our best type of mattress for baby cot collection provides all customers with the quality they deserve and safety they desire. Featuring a unique design that increases airflow and prevents overheating, hypoallergenic and asthma friendly, plush materials. Our baby cot mattress range is the perfect choice for you.
When it comes to browsing our baby cot mattress collection online, enjoy choosing products that include features such as:
- 100% air circulation guaranteed
- No CO2 build up
- No harmful chemicals used anywhere in the mattress
- Asthma and Allergy friendly materials
- An easy to clean and dry design.
With all of these amazing built in features, we are confident you’ll sleep easy knowing your baby is safe and sound in their baby cot mattress every night.
Numu-roo Finance Options
4 fortnight interest free payments.