Eco Kids Mattress Review
The Eco Kids Mattress is Australian made and is simply an outstanding kids mattress. From our perspective, it ranks as the premier kids mattress on the Australian market in 2020.
The Eco Kids Mattress has been specially designed for kids in terms of comfort, support, and breathability. Furthermore, this mattress contains natural, eco-friendly materials, as well as non-toxic foams.
The top cover of this mattress contains natural bamboo and cotton fibres which form a breathable, hypoallergenic sleeping surface. This cover sits over a combination of premium quality foams that are well certified as eco-friendly and non-toxic. This comfort layer absorbs body weight very nicely, and provides smooth pressure relief in all sleeping positions.
❝ One of the most impressive features of this mattress is its edge support. ❞
The Eco Kids Mattress uses a specially designed ‘Chiro Flex ES’ spring system. This support structure offers excellent spinal support. This spring system is also perfectly responsive to movement, meaning that it will be easy for your kids to move around in during sleep. Based on our testing, our team rated it a 7.5 / 10 firmness (with 10 being the firmest). This would be our recommended firmness level for most kids:
One of the most impressive features of this mattress is its edge support, which is as solid as any we have seen. This will not only prevent your child from rolling off the side, but it also forms a stable surface for you and kids to sit on for bedtime activities such as reading. The Eco Kids Mattress is suitable for children from age 2, all the way up to teenagers and young adults. It can accomodate up to 120kgs.
If you’re after a first class kids mattress, the Eco Kids Mattress sets the standard in Australia in 2020. It has been specially engineered for kids and is competitively priced. Here are our ratings for each category:
Value for Money
If you have any questions about the Eco Kids Mattress or any other, please contact us!
In a nutshell 🥜
- Awarded Australia’s ‘Best Kids Mattress’ 2020
- Well certified as non-toxic
- Excellent edge support
- Australian made
- Click SHOP NOW and use code BBECO100 at checkout to claim $100 off!
Recommended Retail Prices
- Double Mattress: $799
- King Single: $699
- Long Single: $649
- Single: $599
For returns within the 100-night trial, please let our customer service team know via email@example.com and provide your full name & order number. We will get back to you as soon as we can. This is usually the next business day.
- Return shipping is free for Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth Metro. We will book your return with a local charity and organise for the mattress to be picked up and donated to them.
- Outside these non-metro areas return shipping is not covered, and you will be required to ship the mattress, by your own means, to your closest charity and provide us with proof of delivery that they have received it before we can process your refund.
• FREE delivery to Melbourne Metro
• Delivery to Metro areas of Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast : $79
• Delivery to Perth and other non-metro areas : $110
(Please note: Each additional item will cost $25)
All Eco Kids mattresses are hand made to order. Your order is booked into production the minute it is placed through the website, and we require two business days to make it and dispatch it to the required delivery service.
Estimated times from order to delivery are as follows:
- Melbourne Metro 3 business days
- Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane & Gold Coast metro 4 to 7 business days.
- Perth & non-metro areas 4 to 10 business days.
Certifications – Eco Kids Mattress
- Certified Australian Made under license ID number: 6697.
- GECA certified. The Eco Kids mattress only uses GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) certified foam. The GECA label is only awarded to products that have the highest environmental credentials and represent the leading environmentally preferable options in the marketplace.
- Approved by the National Asthma Council Australia.
- The bamboo fabric and hygroflex foam are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified as free of harmful chemical substances and safe for direct contact with the skin according to strict global OEKO-TEX testing criteria.
- The cotton fabric is certified as 100% natural and traceable cotton by Cotton Australia.
Specifications – Eco Kids Mattress
Mattress height: 21 cm
Specifically designed to help children grow providing the best in support and comfort while utilising environmentally friendly, natural materials so you can feel confident your child is having a healthy and restorative sleep.
The Eco Kids mattress has a natural bamboo fabric that is soft to touch but extremely durable. The natural properties of the bamboo fabric make it anti-microbial and extremely breathable keeping the sleep surface fresh & healthy.
A layer of 100% Natural Cotton Fibre is gently quilted under the Bamboo fabric which is anti-allergy and a natural insulator providing maximum breathability.
Lets face it, as much as we tell them not to, kids will jump on their mattress so to add strength to the natural surface materials we have engineered in, a strong, super resilient layer of HygroFlex foam. HygroFlex by Joyce foam is made using Australian first Variable Pressure Foaming Technology (VPF) which is the most environmentally friendly foam making process in the world and is certified by Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) making it better for the environment as it meets world class environmental standards.
Kids bodies are growing physically at a rapid rate, especially throughout the night so their mattress needs to provide them the right comfort to help them stay asleep. Deep yet gentle comfort has been built in with a resilient layer of HD Dunlop foam which is GECA certified and approved by the National Asthma Council Australia providing better choice for kids with asthma or allergies.
The support system of the Eco Kids mattress is our exclusive Chiro Flex ES spring featuring Maxi-Boost edge support.
Made with refined, triple heat treated wire the Chiro Flex ES spring system has a higher coil count and 60% stronger than standard bonnell springs found in most kids mattresses. The Chiro Flex ES spring provides perfect balanced support to kids of all sizes and weights allowing their bodies to develop correctly and naturally.
A lot of the time a kids mattress is not just used for sleep, it also serves as a kids play area as well as a seat for adults during story time so with this in mind we expanded our double edge side supports to Maxi-Boost supplying 70% more support to the edge of the mattress preventing roll out and any type of sagging.
The Eco Kids mattress is the natural choice for all parents who are looking to provide their kids with the best product to help them grow. It is the best mattress available for kids in Australia.
Did you know? The Eco Kids Mattress was awarded Australia’s Best Kids Mattress in 2020. To see the full list, click here.
NATURALLY ENGINEERED FOR HEALTH AND COMFORT
- Bamboo fabric surface material is soft to touch but extremely durable. The natural properties of the bamboo fabric make it anti-microbial and breathable keeping the sleep surface fresh & healthy.
- 100% Natural cotton fibre is gently channel quilted which is anti-allergy and a natural insulator providing maximum breathability.
- Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified Hygroflex foam is engineered to provide resilience and strength to the natural quilt layers as well as total body pressure relief.
- Full night comfort is built in with premium density Dunlop Foam approved by the National Asthma Council Australia as providing a better choice for kids with asthma or allergies.
SUPPORT LIKE NO OTHER
- Made with refined, triple-heat-treated wire the Chiro Flex ES spring system has a higher coil count and is 60% stronger than standard bonnell springs found in most kids mattresses. The spring provides perfect balanced support to kids of all sizes and weights, allowing their bodies to develop correctly and naturally.
- Market-leading Maxi-Boost edge support provides 70% more support to the edge of the mattress, preventing roll out and any type of sagging. Also capable of supporting grown adults’ weight during story or comfort time.
RMIT UNIVERSITY APPROVED
- RMIT University in Melbourne conducted a study to determine the effectiveness of Hygroflex foam as a pressure redistribution material compared to traditional memory foam and concluded that:
- Hygroflex can redistribute pressure more effectively than traditional memory foams.
- Hygroflex can diffuse body heat more rapidly than traditional memory foams.
- Moving on Hygroflex requires less force and generates less friction.
Hygroflex foam is also OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified as free of harmful chemical substances and safe for direct contact with the skin according to strict global OEKO-TEX testing criteria.
HAND CRAFTED WITH LOVE IN MELBOURNE
- Unlike mass-market mattresses that are pumped out in bulk like sausages, every Eco Kids mattress is hand-assembled with care and precision in our own manufacturing facility in Melbourne.
- Springs and foams are hand clipped, and the cover is hand sewn around the mattress. No harmful glues, bonding agents or chemicals are used in the manufacture of the mattress.
- As you love your kids, we love our mattresses, and we put this love into every product we make.