Eco Kids Mattress Review
The Eco Kids Mattress is Australian made and is simply an outstanding kids mattress. From our perspective, it ranks as the premier kids mattress on the Australian market in 2021.
This mattress is the end result of several years of product research and development. Fittingly, it has been designed by an Aussie family who are also highly experienced in mattress manufacturing. The Eco Kids Mattress has been designed with children’s growing bodies in mind, but also has been made without any harmful chemicals.
Purchase and delivery
The Eco Kids Mattress can be conveniently ordered online through the Eco Kids website. Delivery is free and the mattress can be delivered Australia wide (see delivery times below). You can see this mattress in ‘real life’ in our video review here:
The Eco Kids Mattress presents beautifully, and has a distinct ‘natural’ vibe. The top cover of the mattress contains natural bamboo and cotton fibres that form a breathable, hypoallergenic sleeping surface.
Comfort and support
This top cover sits over a combination of premium quality foams that are well certified as eco-friendly and non-toxic. This comfort layer absorbs body weight very nicely, and provides smooth pressure relief in all sleeping positions.
Based on our testing, our team rated it as a ‘medium-firm’ feel, which is our recommended firmness level for most children. More specifically, we assigned this mattress as a 7.5 / 10 firmness (with 10 being the firmest). Please note that our firmness ratings are just a guide and they do not necessarily relate to comfort.
The Eco Kids Mattress uses a specially designed ‘Chiro Flex ES’ spring system. This support structure offers excellent spinal support and is also beautifully responsive to movement. This means that it will be easy for your kids to move around in during sleep.
The finer details
One of the most impressive features of this mattress is its edge support, which is more solid than any other kids mattress that we have tested. This will not only prevent your child from rolling off the side, but it also forms a stable surface for you and kids to sit on for bedtime activities such as reading.
Its worth noting that the Eco Kids Mattress has a height of 21 cm, which will suit any standard bed base, but also should be compatible with most bunk beds. In terms of age, the Eco Kids Mattress is suitable for children from age 2, all the way up to teenagers and young adults. It can accomodate up to 120kgs, so it should be adequate for kids of all sizes.
One of the most impressive features of this mattress is its edge support.
The Eco Kids Mattress is well backed with a 100 night trial period and an impressive 10 year warranty. This gives you all the ‘peace of mind’ that you could need, and is also a strong indication of Eco Kids’ confidence in the quality and durability of its product.
The Eco Kids Mattress is available in 4 sizes (double, king single, long single and single size) so it should accommodate all (kids) sleeping situations. Here are Australia’s standard bed (mattress) sizes in 2021.
The Eco Kids Mattress is a truly outstanding product that sets the standard in the kids mattress market in 2021. It is Australian made, is well-certified as non-toxic, and comes with free delivery (Australia wide).
Here are our ratings for each category:
Value for Money
If you have any questions about the Eco Kids Mattress, comment below or please contact us!
In a nutshell 🥜
- Awarded Australia’s ‘Best Kids Mattress’ 2021
- Well certified as non-toxic & hypoallergenic
- Excellent spinal support
- Australian made
- Click SHOP NOW and use code BBECO100 to get $100 off!
Recommended Retail Prices Special Bedbuyer Prices*
Recommended Retail Prices
Special Bedbuyer Prices*
For returns within the 100-night trial, please let our customer service team know via email@example.com and provide your full name & order number. We will get back to you as soon as we can. This is usually the next business day.
- Return shipping is free for Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth Metro. We will book your return with a local charity and organise for the mattress to be picked up and donated to them.
- Outside these non-metro areas return shipping is not covered, and you will be required to ship the mattress, by your own means, to your closest charity and provide us with proof of delivery that they have received it before we can process your refund.
Free delivery Australia wide.
All Eco Kids mattresses are hand made to order. Your order is booked into production the minute it is placed through the website, and we require two business days to make it and dispatch it to the required delivery service.
Estimated times from order to delivery are as follows:
- Melbourne Metro 3-5 business days
- All other areas up to 14 business days
Certifications – Eco Kids Mattress
- Certified Australian Made under license ID number: 6697.
- GECA certified. The Eco Kids mattress only uses GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) certified foam. The GECA label is only awarded to products that have the highest environmental credentials and represent the leading environmentally preferable options in the marketplace.
- Approved by National Asthma Council’s Sensitive Choice program.
- The cotton fabric is certified as 100% natural and traceable cotton by Cotton Australia.
Specifications – Eco Kids Mattress
Mattress height: 21 cm
Specifically designed to help children grow providing the best in support and comfort while utilising environmentally friendly, natural materials so you can feel confident your child is having a healthy and restorative sleep.
The Eco Kids mattress has a natural bamboo fabric that is soft to touch but extremely durable. The natural properties of the bamboo fabric make it anti-microbial and extremely breathable keeping the sleep surface fresh & healthy.
A layer of 100% Natural Cotton Fibre is gently quilted under the Bamboo fabric which is anti-allergy and a natural insulator providing maximum breathability.
Let’s face it, as much as we tell them not to, kids will jump on their mattress so to add strength to the natural surface materials we have engineered in, a strong, super resilient layer of HygroFlex foam. HygroFlex by Joyce foam is made using Australian first Variable Pressure Foaming Technology (VPF) which is the most environmentally friendly foam making process in the world and is certified by Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) making it better for the environment as it meets world class environmental standards.
Kids bodies are growing physically at a rapid rate, especially throughout the night so their mattress needs to provide them the right comfort to help them stay asleep. Deep yet gentle comfort has been built in with a resilient layer of HD Dunlop foam which is GECA certified and approved by National Asthma Council’s Sensitive Choice program providing better choice for kids with asthma or allergies.
The support system of the Eco Kids mattress is our exclusive Chiro Flex ES spring featuring Maxi-Boost edge support.
Made with refined, triple heat treated wire the Chiro Flex ES spring system has a higher coil count and 60% stronger than standard Bonnell springs found in most kids mattresses. The Chiro Flex ES spring provides perfect balanced support to kids of all sizes and weights allowing their bodies to develop correctly and naturally.
A lot of the time a kids mattress is not just used for sleep, it also serves as a kids play area as well as a seat for adults during story time so with this in mind we expanded our double edge side supports to Maxi-Boost supplying 70% more support to the edge of the mattress preventing roll out and any type of sagging.
The Eco Kids mattress is the natural choice for all parents who are looking to provide their kids with the best product to help them grow. It is the best mattress available for kids in Australia.
NATURALLY ENGINEERED FOR HEALTH AND COMFORT
- Bamboo fabric surface material is soft to touch but extremely durable. The natural properties of the bamboo fabric make it anti-microbial and breathable keeping the sleep surface fresh & healthy.
- 100% Natural cotton fibre is gently channel quilted which is anti-allergy and a natural insulator providing maximum breathability.
- Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified Hygroflex foam is engineered to provide resilience and strength to the natural quilt layers as well as total body pressure relief.
- Full night comfort is built in with premium density Dunlop Foam approved by National Asthma Council’s Sensitive Choice program as providing a better choice for kids with asthma or allergies.
SUPPORT LIKE NO OTHER
- Made with refined, triple-heat-treated wire the Chiro Flex ES spring system has a higher coil count and is 60% stronger than standard bonnell springs found in most kids mattresses. The spring provides perfect balanced support to kids of all sizes and weights, allowing their bodies to develop correctly and naturally.
- Market-leading Maxi-Boost edge support provides 70% more support to the edge of the mattress, preventing roll out and any type of sagging. Also capable of supporting grown adults’ weight during story or comfort time.
RMIT UNIVERSITY APPROVED
- RMIT University in Melbourne conducted a study to determine the effectiveness of Hygroflex foam as a pressure redistribution material compared to traditional memory foam and concluded that:
- Hygroflex can redistribute pressure more effectively than traditional memory foams.
- Hygroflex can diffuse body heat more rapidly than traditional memory foams.
- Moving on Hygroflex requires less force and generates less friction.
HAND CRAFTED WITH LOVE IN MELBOURNE
- Unlike mass-market mattresses that are pumped out in bulk like sausages, every Eco Kids mattress is hand-assembled with care and precision in our own manufacturing facility in Melbourne.
- Springs and foams are hand clipped, and the cover is hand sewn around the mattress. No harmful glues, bonding agents or chemicals are used in the manufacture of the mattress.
- As you love your kids, we love our mattresses, and we put this love into every product we make.