As Australia’s largest bedding website, you can imagine we get a lot of questions relating to mattresses and bedding! Here are some of our most frequently asked questions!
1. What is the BEST mattress that your team has tested?
Wow, the tough questions first up hey? OK, well after testing over 1000 mattresses, a few that our team LOVE:
1. The Neoluxe Vantage Silver – very comfortable, supportive, and impressive build quality.
2. The Cloud 9 Classic Comfort – Australian made, beautifully comfortable, and excellent value.
3. The iComfort by A.H. Beard – the base can be positioned to suit your ideal sleeping position.
2. What is the BEST VALUE mattress that your team has tested?
Again, hard to narrow down to one, but a few that are in ‘bargain’ territory!
1. The Eva Mattress – comfortable, supportive, and a steal for $750 (Queen size, with coupon)
2. The Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress – Excellent value for $1299 (Queen size with coupon)
3. The Englander Boston – an outstanding mattress range for under $1000 (Queen size)
3. What is the best mattress for SIDE SLEEPERS?
Side sleepers generally need good pressure relief through the shoulders and hips to allow for comfortable sleep. Here are some of the best we would recommend:
1. The Cloud 9 Classic Comfort – Australian made, beautifully comfortable, and excellent value.
2. The Elegance Medium – very nice, light top layer that absorbs body weight very nicely.
3. The Crown Towers Mattress – a great value luxury mattress that offers excellent comfort.
4. What is the best mattress for BACK SLEEPERS?
Back sleepers generally need good spinal support to maintain a healthy spinal position during sleep. Here are some of the best mattresses for back sleepers:
1. The Silent Partner Bellagio – excellent mattress range that all offer very good spinal support.
2. The Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress – the firm version provides very good support and can be specially customised.
3. The Cloud 9 Premier Firm – a beautiful firm mattress with excellent spinal support.
5. What is the BEST mattress for sex?
Many of us forget we do more on our mattress than just sleep! Our team recommends the following for pleasurable intimate activity 🙂
1. The Crown Towers Mattress – very comfortable and a nice spring system for good ‘bounce’.
2. The Elegance Medium – very nice top layer, well-built, and a adaptable spring system.
3. The Orthokinetic Prestige Opulence Plush – robust spring system and a very luxurious top layer.
6. What is the WORST mattress that your team has tested?
We have certainly tested some bad ones, and these are ones to avoid!
1. The Sealy Posturepedic Hugo – feels cheap, flimsy, and you wouldn’t believe it sells for $2999!
2. The Hafslo Medium Firm – Feels terribly cheap and unstable. Not comfortable at all.
3. The Hokkasen Medium Firm – sorry IKEA but your mattresses aren’t your strongest point!
7. I’m looking for a new mattress. Where do I start?
Sometimes it is just nice to chat to someone online. Our Facebook Messenger feature in the bottom right hand corner of your screen allows you to chat to one of our mattress experts who will help guide you in the right direction. Alternatively, shoot us an email and we can get started – firstname.lastname@example.org
8. What sizes do mattresses come in?
Generally speaking, most mattresses are available in a single, king single, double, queen, and king size. Some also come in a long single or a super king. To see the dimensions of all mattress sizes click here. If you would like to check if a particular mattress comes in a particular size, shoot us an email – email@example.com
9. Do I have to spend thousands of dollars to get a good mattress?
Not at all. There are many excellent mattresses for under $2000 and some very good ones for under $1000. To see our list of best value mattresses, click here.
10. Does it matter what base I place my mattress on?
Not really. Most mattresses will go fine on an ‘ensemble base’ or a ‘slat base’. Most mattresses will even go well on the floor. Just ensure that your warranty covers the mattress on the base that you choose. To learn more about bed bases, click here.
11. What’s best – a firm mattress or a soft mattress?
There is no standard recommendation with this as everyone is different. The best mattress for you depends on your age, gender, body type, health condition, and spinal condition. We recommend that you take the time to lie on different mattresses to see what feels right for you. Again, if you need some help, shoot us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
12. What is a ‘mattress in a box’?
This is a more recent trend in the mattress industry where you can purchase a mattress online, and it will arrive at your door in a compact box. You then remove the packaging and the mattress expands, ready to sleep on! These companies typically don’t have showrooms so you won’t be able to try them out, BUT, you have the massive advantage of a free ‘trial period’ where you can get a full refund if you decide you don’t like it. Mattress in a box products also tend to be cheaper than mattresses from retail stores as they don’t have all of the expensive overheads. To see ‘Australia’s Top 5 Mattresses in Box for 2018’, click here.
We know you likely have more questions for our team, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is ready to assist you!
Bedbuyer.com.au is Australia’s leading independent mattress review site. Our site contains over 1000 reviews which have been conducted by our expert team of chiropractors who are all experienced in clinical patient care and mattress assessment.
All of our mattress reviews listed on Bedbuyer are 100% independent and unbiased. To eliminate any element of bias, we do not receive any money or financial reward for undertaking any of our mattress reviews. Similarly, none of the mattresses in any of our blog articles have paid or sponsored Bedbuyer to be listed there. Bedbuyer is fully committed to producing reviews and articles of the highest quality to help you decide on the right mattress for you. To see how we conduct our mattress reviews, click here.
As you can imagine, running a big website like this does cost money. To make Bedbuyer a free resource for you, we generate income from advertising on our site, as well as affiliate relationships with many mattress companies where Bedbuyer receives a small percentage of a sale when our readers click through links on our site. These relationships were all arranged after any review process and we can assure our readers that these relationships have no influence on the content of our reviews. Once again, we take great pride in producing high quality, independent mattress reviews and we welcome our readers to contact Bedbuyer if you have any questions about these business relationships.
Bedbuyer assumes no responsibility for the selection of bedding products. Our information is to be used only as a guide, and the reviews are the opinion of our panel. We strongly acknowledge that each person has individual needs in relation to bedding products based on their age, gender, body type, spinal condition, and health condition. Bedbuyer recommends that you also consult with your health professional, and a bedding salesperson before you make your final purchase. If you have any queries about your bedding selection, please contact us!
Bedbuyer is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information on bedding products. However, we cannot guarantee all of our information is 100% correct as products and prices constantly change. Bedbuyer welcomes its readers to contact us through our website if you have recognised any information that requires updating.
Bedbuyer Pty Ltd is a registered company under the Corporations Act 2001.
ABN: 21 628 046 784
Bedbuyer was issued a Trade Mark certificate by the Australian government on the 6th of February 2016, Trade Mark No. 1750873. This Trade Mark is valid until the 6th of February 2026.
All of the information on this website is highly protected under copyright law. None of the information on this website may be used in any form without specific permission from Bedbuyer.
Bedbuyer seeks corporate legal advice from Douglas Cheveralls Lawyers – dclawyers.com.au
Douglas Cheveralls Lawyers (or DC Lawyers) is a boutique law firm specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution and practises in property and leasing law, contract law (including contract drafting), corporations law (including shareholder and director disputes), construction law (including adjudications and arbitrations), employment law and family law (children and property matters).