As Australia’s largest bedding website, you can imagine we get a lot of questions relating to mattresses and bedding! Here are 10 of our most frequently asked questions!
1. What is the BEST mattress that your team has tested?
Wow, the tough questions first up hey? OK, well after testing over 1000 mattresses, a few that our team LOVE:
1. The Neoluxe Vantage Silver – very comfortable, supportive, and impressive build quality.
2. The SleepTailor Luxe – beautifully comfortable and exceptional construction.
3. The iComfort by A.H. Beard – the base can be positioned to suit your ideal sleeping position.
2. What is the BEST VALUE mattress that your team has tested?
Again, hard to narrow down to one, but a few that are in ‘bargain’ territory!
1. The Eva Mattress – comfortable, supportive, and a steal for $750 (Queen size, with coupon)
2. The Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress – Excellent value for $1299 (Queen size with coupon)
3. The Englander Boston – an outstanding mattress range for under $1000 (Queen size, on sale).
3. What is the WORST mattress that your team has tested?
We have certainly tested some bad ones, and these are ones to avoid!
1. The Sealy Posturepedic Hugo – feels cheap, flimsy, and you wouldn’t believe it sells for $2999!
2. The Hafslo Medium Firm – Feels terribly cheap and unstable. Not comfortable at all.
3. The Hokkasen Medium Firm – sorry IKEA but your mattresses aren’t your strongest point!
4. What is the BEST mattress for sex?
Many of us forget we do more on our mattress than just sleep! Our team recommends the following for pleasurable intimate activity 🙂
1. The Crown Towers Mattress – very comfortable and a nice spring system for good ‘bounce’.
2. The Elegance Medium – very nice top layer, well-built, and a adaptable spring system.
3. The Orthokinetic Prestige Opulence Plush – robust spring system and a very luxurious top layer.
5. I’m looking for a new mattress. Where do I start?
Sometimes it is just nice to chat to someone online. Our Facebook Messenger feature in the bottom right hand corner of your screen allows you to chat to one of our mattress experts who will help guide you in the right direction. Alternatively, shoot us an email and we can get started – firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What sizes do mattresses come in?
Generally speaking, most mattresses are available in a single, king single, double, queen, and king size. Some also come in a long single or a super king. To see the dimensions of all mattress sizes click here. If you would like to check if a particular mattress comes in a particular size, shoot us an email – email@example.com
7. Do I have to spend thousands of dollars to get a good mattress?
Not at all. There are many excellent mattresses for under $2000 and some very good ones for under $1000. To see our list of best value mattresses, click here.
8. Does it matter what base I place my mattress on?
Not really. Most mattresses will go fine on an ‘ensemble base’ or a ‘slat base’. Most mattresses will even go well on the floor. Just ensure that your warranty covers the mattress on the base that you choose. To learn more about bed bases, click here.
9. What’s best – a firm mattress or a soft mattress?
There is no hard and fast rule with this as everyone is different. The best mattress for you depends on your age, gender, body type, health condition, and spinal condition. We recommend that you take the time to lie on different mattresses to see what feels right for you. Again, if you need some help, shoot us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
10. What is a ‘mattress in a box’?
This is a more recent trend in the mattress industry where you can purchase a mattress online, and it will arrive at your door in a compact box. You then remove the packaging and the mattress expands, ready to sleep on! These companies typically don’t have showrooms so you won’t be able to try them out, BUT, you have the massive advantage of a free ‘trial period’ where you can get a full refund if you decide you don’t like it. Mattress in a box products also tend to be much cheaper than mattresses from retail stores as they don’t have all of the expensive overheads. To see ‘Australia’s Top 5 Mattresses in Box for 2018’, click here.
We know you likely have more questions for our team, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is ready to assist you!