As Australia’s largest bedding website, you can imagine we get a lot of questions relating to mattresses and bedding! Here are 10 of our most frequently asked questions!
1. What is the BEST mattress that your team has tested?
Wow, the tough questions first up hey? OK, well after testing over 1000 mattresses, a few that our team LOVE:
1. The Neoluxe Vantage Silver – very comfortable, supportive, and impressive build quality.
2. The Cloud 9 Classic Comfort – Australian made, beautifully comfortable, and excellent value.
3. The iComfort by A.H. Beard – the base can be positioned to suit your ideal sleeping position.
2. What is the BEST VALUE mattress that your team has tested?
Again, hard to narrow down to one, but a few that are in ‘bargain’ territory!
1. The Eva Mattress – comfortable, supportive, and a steal for $750 (Queen size, with coupon)
2. The Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress – Excellent value for $1299 (Queen size with coupon)
3. The Englander Boston – an outstanding mattress range for under $1000 (Queen size, on sale).
3. What is the WORST mattress that your team has tested?
We have certainly tested some bad ones, and these are ones to avoid!
1. The Sealy Posturepedic Hugo – feels cheap, flimsy, and you wouldn’t believe it sells for $2999!
2. The Hafslo Medium Firm – Feels terribly cheap and unstable. Not comfortable at all.
3. The Hokkasen Medium Firm – sorry IKEA but your mattresses aren’t your strongest point!
4. What is the BEST mattress for sex?
Many of us forget we do more on our mattress than just sleep! Our team recommends the following for pleasurable intimate activity 🙂
1. The Crown Towers Mattress – very comfortable and a nice spring system for good ‘bounce’.
2. The Elegance Medium – very nice top layer, well-built, and a adaptable spring system.
3. The Orthokinetic Prestige Opulence Plush – robust spring system and a very luxurious top layer.
5. I’m looking for a new mattress. Where do I start?
Sometimes it is just nice to chat to someone online. Our Facebook Messenger feature in the bottom right hand corner of your screen allows you to chat to one of our mattress experts who will help guide you in the right direction. Alternatively, shoot us an email and we can get started – email@example.com
6. What sizes do mattresses come in?
Generally speaking, most mattresses are available in a single, king single, double, queen, and king size. Some also come in a long single or a super king. To see the dimensions of all mattress sizes click here. If you would like to check if a particular mattress comes in a particular size, shoot us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Do I have to spend thousands of dollars to get a good mattress?
Not at all. There are many excellent mattresses for under $2000 and some very good ones for under $1000. To see our list of best value mattresses, click here.
8. Does it matter what base I place my mattress on?
Not really. Most mattresses will go fine on an ‘ensemble base’ or a ‘slat base’. Most mattresses will even go well on the floor. Just ensure that your warranty covers the mattress on the base that you choose. To learn more about bed bases, click here.
9. What’s best – a firm mattress or a soft mattress?
There is no hard and fast rule with this as everyone is different. The best mattress for you depends on your age, gender, body type, health condition, and spinal condition. We recommend that you take the time to lie on different mattresses to see what feels right for you. Again, if you need some help, shoot us an email – email@example.com
10. What is a ‘mattress in a box’?
This is a more recent trend in the mattress industry where you can purchase a mattress online, and it will arrive at your door in a compact box. You then remove the packaging and the mattress expands, ready to sleep on! These companies typically don’t have showrooms so you won’t be able to try them out, BUT, you have the massive advantage of a free ‘trial period’ where you can get a full refund if you decide you don’t like it. Mattress in a box products also tend to be much cheaper than mattresses from retail stores as they don’t have all of the expensive overheads. To see ‘Australia’s Top 5 Mattresses in Box for 2018’, click here.
We know you likely have more questions for our team, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is ready to assist you!
None of the mattresses in this article above (or any other article) have paid or sponsored Bedbuyer to be listed here. Our blog articles are compiled by our review team to give Australians the best possible advice in relation to mattress selection.
Bedbuyer.com.au is Australia’s leading independent mattress review site. Our site contains hundreds over 1000 reviews conducted by our expert team of chiropractors who are all experienced in healthcare delivery and mattress assessment.
The integrity of our mattress reviews is of the upmost importance to us at Bedbuyer. All of our reviews are 100% independent and unbiased, and we receive no money or financial reward for undertaking any of our mattress reviews. Bedbuyer is fully committed to producing reviews of the highest quality to help you decide on the right mattress for you.
Bedbuyer has affiliate relationships with some mattress companies where Bedbuyer receives a small percentage of a sale when our readers click through links on our site. These relationships were all arranged after any review process and as such these relationships have no influence on the content of our reviews. We welcome our readers to contact Bedbuyer if you have any queries about these affiliate relationships.
Bedbuyer assumes no responsibility for the selection of bedding products. Our information is to be used only as a guide, and the reviews are the opinion of our panel. We strongly acknowledge that each person has individual needs in relation to bedding products based on their age, gender, body type, spinal condition, and health condition. Bedbuyer recommends that you also consult with your health professional and a bedding salesperson before you make your final purchase. If you have any queries about your bedding selection, please contact us!
Bedbuyer is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information on bedding products. However, we cannot guarantee all the information is 100% correct as products and prices constantly change. Bedbuyer welcomes its readers to contact us through our website if you have recognised any information that requires updating.
All of the information on this website is highly protected under copyright law. None of the information on this website may be used in any form without specific permission from Bedbuyer.
Bedbuyer was issued a Trade Mark certificate by the Australian government on the 6th of February 2016, Trade Mark No. 1750873. This Trade Mark is valid until the 6th of February 2026.
Bedbuyer seeks corporate legal advice from Douglas Cheveralls Lawyers – dclawyers.com.au
Douglas Cheveralls Lawyers (or DC Lawyers) is a boutique law firm specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution and practises in property and leasing law, contract law (including contract drafting), corporations law (including shareholder and director disputes), construction law (including adjudications and arbitrations), employment law and family law (children and property matters).